How can I know if I'm mewing correctly?

• How can I know if I'm mewing correctly? I can't really feel my back of the tongue so I have a hard time telling. Is there anything I can do to check? I can't breathe through my mouth while mewing so I assume that's a good sign?

Also my tongue tends tyo go towards the left side, I assume I have to fix this?

• Can you feel your hyoid going up when you mew? I do when mewing and thats how i know when my back third of my tongue is up

• @Abdu That is one way for sure. Great advice!

• @Bob Hey man,

As Abdu mentioned, if you see your hyoid bone raising, that should mean that you are engaging the back of the tongue. 

Another way is to put pressure when mewing, and you should feel some pressure on the cheekbones actually, but not everyone can do this.

Either way, keep mewing, and you will build a mind-muscle connection with the tongue. Just do the smile swallow, to ensure the tongue is in the right place.

Regarding your tongue tendency to go towards the left side, it's beneficial to work on correcting this asymmetry. You can try consciously focusing on keeping your tongue centered on the roof of your mouth. Over time, with practice and consistency, you may be able to retrain your tongue to adopt a more balanced position. Another effective way is to start tongue chewing to balance the imabalance.

Remember, mewing is a technique that takes time and consistency to see potential results. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask :)

Happy mewing!