No sensation when soft mewing!!

• I recently began mewing through hard mewing. I realized that I should soft mew first.

Now that I’m doing soft mewing for the 1st time, I don’t feel any tension in my jaw or any pressure in my jaws like when I was mewing hard.

All I feel is the back of the tongue on my mouth. Will I still get results if I don’t feel anything when soft mewing? Is it supposed to feel like there’s no tension at all?

• @John 

Hey John,

When practicing soft mewing, it is normal to feel less tension or pressure in your jaw compared to hard mewing. The goal of soft mewing is to establish proper tongue posture, where the entire tongue rests on the roof of the mouth, without excessive force or tension. The primary focus is on maintaining this tongue position throughout the day and breathing through your nose.

Feeling a lack of tension or pressure while soft mewing does not necessarily indicate that you won't get results. The main objective of mewing is to encourage proper oral posture and craniofacial development over time. While some individuals may experience sensations or pressure during mewing, others may not feel as much. Results can vary among individuals, and the absence of immediate sensations doesn't necessarily mean that progress isn't being made.

Consistency and long-term commitment to maintaining proper tongue posture are key factors in achieving potential results from mewing. So, continue soft mewing and give it time. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.

Keep up the effort, and good luck on your mewing journey!