Slow progress?

• hi I'm 19 and have known about mewing since I was around 16 but it's only recently I've educated myself properly on it and understood how to engage the back third etc. My chin/jaw seems slightly recessed and I never seem to see any improvement on it and I was wondering if there is anything I could be doing wrong? I sleep without pillows, try my best with swallowing properly, fixing posture, I'm on a very restricted diet too so there's no junk food at all being consumed. I can get my hyoid muscle up but one thing I do know is maybe I'm not as consistent with it as I think I am? It's hard to maintain a constant pressure/suction hold there and when I slide my tongue into the correct position, if I smile I notice that my tongue can be seen behind my front teeth? Is that supposed to happen? Sometimes if I've been mewing for a while my bottom front teeth will ache a bit? Sorry for this being so long! Any help is greatly appreciated 🙏🏻 

(The pic included is my side profile traced! please inform me if there is anything like chin/jaw recession for definite)

• Hi there! It's great that you've been practicing mewing and educating yourself on the proper techniques. Let's address your concerns and see if there's anything that can be adjusted in your approach.

First, it's important to understand that mewing takes time and consistent effort to see noticeable results. Since you're still young at 19, there's still potential for facial development and improvement. Patience is key.

Regarding your recessed chin/jaw, it's essential to remember that everyone's facial structure is unique, and results may vary from person to person. While mewing may have positive effects on facial development, it's not a guarantee for drastic changes in everyone. However, consistent practice can potentially lead to some improvements over time.

Looking at the picture, your forward growth looks really good actually. You may have some slight recession in the chin, but it is very minor! You should be glad!

In terms of maintaining a constant pressure or suction hold with the back third of your tongue, it can indeed be challenging at first. It takes practice and conscious effort to develop the muscles and maintain the correct tongue posture consistently. It's normal to have occasional slips or moments when the tongue is not in the perfect position, especially when you smile or make certain facial expressions. With time and practice, you should be able to improve your control and maintain the correct tongue posture more effortlessly.

Feeling aching or discomfort in your lower front teeth after mewing for a while can occur, especially if you're applying significant pressure or strain on your jaw. It's important to find a balance and avoid excessive force or tension. If the discomfort persists or worsens, it's advisable to consult a dental professional to ensure there are no underlying issues.

Overall, keep up with your mewing practice, maintain good posture, and be consistent. Results may take time, so don't get discouraged. If you have further questions or need additional guidance, feel free to ask. Best of luck on your mewing journey!

Keep us updated :)

• @Mewing thank you so much for getting back to me! It's so reassuring to hear all of that. I understand things take time definitely, these past few days I've just managed to gain a good consistent suction hold while engaging the back third too which I'm very pleased about as now its becoming an automatic posture each time my mouth closes which i couldn't do at first! As for posture, is the correct neck posture a slight chin tuck position? I've heard that a few times but also heard different so I'm not 100% sure. Also is it normal to have teeth marks in the sides of the tongue when mewing with a suction hold? I noticed that yesterday and also noticed clicking sensations that feel like a relief coming from the nose? Thanks again! Will absolutely keep things updated