Hard mewing messed me up badly

• Please help. Hard mewing ruined me.

Before I say anything, no I am not against Mike mew and I don’t think any of you guys who’ve seen progress are lying, I do think mewing works in the right circumstances. But I tried hard mewing lazily and now I had all sorts of issues. I was told that mewing was almost “risk free” and all I have to do is put my tongue on my palate. My tongue feels stuck in that position and not in a good way. It feels like the tongue never was put to the top of ky palate correctly, or there’s too much tension somewhere. Because of this, I get jaw cracking noises (it's not too bad), weird ear popping sensations, swallowing NEVER Feels comfortable (I feel a bulge of muscle in my submental region when swallowing), my jaw area is constantly aching, my tongue is now never relaxed , etc. my hyoid area and throat also feels extremely Tense and like closed almost. My soft palate also feels tight. it’s like  I can’t stop mewing. the head tension has caused me to have brain fog like symptoms. Tongue literally feels stuck as well. I also think forcefully hard mewing forced myself into hard mewing. I lost weight and my facial structure generally looks the best it has rn, but maybe that's because puberty and I lost weight as well. And my neck posture sucks now as well. Not sure i mentioned this, but my face also looks more downwards, like I have more of a horse fsce now. I also think my palate is assymetrical now, left side of the roof seems lower than the right now. I started having these problems a little less than a year ago. It's gotten better. Thanks in advance

• Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with mewing and the issues you have encountered. It is important to note that hard mewing can cause problems like TMJ issues and facial collapse if done improperly. It seems like you may have pushed yourself into hard mewing and experienced negative consequences as a result. It's good to hear that things have gotten better, but it's still important to address any ongoing discomfort and tension.

In terms of your facial structure, it would be helpful to see pictures of your face, side profile, palate, and transformation to better assess the issue and your facial form and development. Additionally, focusing on the suction hold technique rather than hard mewing could help alleviate any tension or discomfort you are experiencing. It's important to remember that mewing should not cause pain or discomfort, and if it does, it may be a sign to adjust your technique or seek professional guidance.

Many people start hard mewing, without having a strong tongue or a wide enough palate, which can cause all the issues you mentioned, including developing an uneven palate. A user recently posted about this, where the downward growth is very noticeable.

I hope this information helps, and please send us the pictures mentioned, as that will better help us make an assessment. Also information such as your age, if you had braces or not, if you mouth breathed before staring mewing, is all very useful information.

• @Mewing hey, is it ok if I send you the pictures? 

• @James please do my friend