Questions

• I have a few questions. When I do the suction method and the back third of my tounge is pressed against the pallet I cant breathe. When I relax my tounge I can breathe but it is a little resticted does this mean I am doing it correct. Also when I am able to breathe the area under my chin isnt as tense and I dont look much diffrent compared to when I wasnt mewing. Is it possible that my airway and pallet just need to adapt over time?

• Hey Bob,

thank you for your message :)

Regarding your first question, when practicing mewing, it is common for the back third of the tongue to press against the palate and block the airway. Which can lead to some initial discomfort or difficulty breathing. This could be because your palate is too narrow so there is simply enough volume in your mouth, or it could be because you are engaging too far back, which surprisingly enough can happen.

Regarding your second question, it is important to note that results from mewing can vary from person to person and can take time to become noticeable. It is possible that your airway and palate need time to adapt to the changes that occur with mewing. Additionally, it is important to approach mewing as a long-term habit rather than a quick fix solution. Over time, you will get used to it, and yes the area under the chin does not need to be hard, usually that is the case when applying pressure such as hard mewing, which you definitely dont want.

See you next time :)