Need help

• Mewing is becoming too unbearable. I can rest my tongue on the papilla, and the rest of my tongue on the palate, i can swallow and breathe through my nose perfectly, the only issue is that my papilla has a burning sensation and my front teeths "move" without me applying pressure, nor even touching them with my tongue at all. Now i'm having a nasty headaches with this. I'm ABSOLUTELY not even hard mewing or doing it overboard, i'm just soft mewing and yet I'm experiencing this. I might have a narrow palate since my tongue gets scalloped, could this be the main cause?

• Hey man,thanks for your question.

It sounds like you may be experiencing some discomfort and side effects from practicing mewing. 

Regarding the burning sensation on your papilla and the movement of your front teeth without applying pressure, it is possible that these symptoms could be related to mewing. It could be that your are applying force on the teeth, which is causing them to shift and wiggle the same as they would with braces.

Additionally, if you have a narrow palate and are experiencing scalloping on your tongue, it is possible that this could be contributing to your discomfort. A narrow palate usually means that you put pressure on the teeth whether you want it or not.

I would say take a little break and reassess your situation. Or call on install, and I will try to help you out. Mewing_guru

Hope that helps g

• @Mewing hey man, thanks for replying. So basically, i gotta quit before i make it worse, right? Doesn't mewing expand your palate which means this whole thing can become more comfortable? I'm 18 by the way. The only thing i'm worried about is getting overjetted front teeth. And if i can't expand my palate by mewing, then that means i gotta quit.

• @Mew No do not quit. Just take a little break so that you can assess whether the mewing is what is causing these issues. Yes mewing will widen you palate over time, but that is if it is not too narrow to begin with. If you could send a picture of your palate that wouldf help a lot :)

• I have the same problem