Tongue too wide and long, can’t mew without it over lapping teeth

• So I’ve been trying to mew for awhile now and whenever I do it the tip of my tongue goes past my front teeth. Even though the back of my tongue is pushed all the way to the top of my mouth. I use the swallow technique for reference. Any help is appreciated

• Hey, Mewer

If the tip of your tongue is going past your front teeth while you are mewing, it could be an indication that your palate is not wide enough to accommodate your tongue. In this case, you may need to work on expanding your palate over time to create more space for your tongue.

However, it is also possible that you are not correctly engaging the back of your tongue while mewing, which could be causing the tip of your tongue to compensate by pushing forward. When practicing mewing, it is important to ensure that the back of your tongue is fully engaged and lifted up towards the roof of your mouth. You may want to focus on this aspect of the technique and work on improving your tongue posture to see if it helps with the positioning of your tongue.

It is also worth noting that mewing can take time and practice to master, and it is normal to experience some challenges along the way. Consider seeking the guidance of a qualified professional, such as an orthodontist or speech therapist, who can provide personalized advice and support to help you achieve your mewing goals. 

Note front teeth can quickly shift and tilt, so make sure not to apply pressure at all.