unable to mew with torus palatinus

• Have been trying to mew for about a year now and recently realised I have never done the suction hold as on the roof of my mouth, I have a torus palatinus which blocks me from being able to breathe when holding the hyoid up/after trying to get the suction hold by cheesy smile then swallowing. Anyone had any experience or have any tips for what to do?

• Ok so applying pressure is not always the best although it strengthens the inner U (tongue action) increasing tongue strength.

When attempting to mew with a torus palatinus, it is essential to focus on suction instead of pressure. It is crucial to position the tongue behind the torus, as exerting pressure can cause bruising and discomfort. To effectively mew with a torus palatinus, begin by softening the tongue and moving it to the back of the mouth so that the tip is close to the palatine rugae. From there, apply gentle suction, allowing the tongue to lift and mold around the torus palatinus.

It's crucial to maintain this position as your new resting position, despite the challenges you may encounter in forming a new habit. You may need to correct yourself countless times daily for months to establish the new habit, and that is perfectly acceptable. Once you become comfortable with the foundational habit, you can consider extending your tongue forward and to the side while maintaining the position.

Ps: dont hesitate to comment on other posts.