Headache when mewing

• Hi everyone. I'm new here and hoping I can get some help.

I first started mewing in 2021, I did it for over a month and my jawline got longer, these results are still there. I stopped doing it properly because I was sent to work from home and my posture wasn't the same as it was in the office. 

Ever since, I've tried to get back into it, but now I get this headache when mewing, my theory is that I'm putting too much pressure in my tongue to keep it up and to keep my teeth touching as well, but I just don't know how to keep it up without doing that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

(I just turned 24 btw)

• Hey there Adrian, How are you doing?

Ok, I think I see what the problem is because I had the same thing happen to me. It could be because your airway is too narrow, so you are not getting enough oxygen, or most likely like you mentioned you are putting pressure on your palate with your tongue.

If you cannot mew without putting pressure, and you are unable to suction hold, which is the proper way. I would highly recommend strengthening your tongue via exercises like tongue chewing, which will allow you to more easily mew without needing to put too much pressure, reducing headaches.

Hope that answers your question!

• @Mewing Thanks a lot. I will try that