molars in contact or slightly apart?

• this seems to be a very controversial topic in the mewing community and i've heard varying answers to this. some say the molars shouldn't be touching and there should be a tiny gap between them known as the 'freeway space'. others howevers emphasise the importance of mole contact so i'm rlly confused. many dentists have told me there should be a little gap between the molars and many of my friends do have that space.

• Keeping the teeth in the correct position while practicing mewing is believed to be important for several reasons. First, it helps to ensure that the tongue is correctly positioned against the roof of the mouth, which is necessary for proper facial bone growth and development. Additionally, it can help to prevent dental problems such as malocclusion or teeth grinding.

The butterfly touch, as introduced by Mike Mew, is meant to provide a gentle stimulus to the teeth and jaw bones, which can help to encourage proper growth and development. This touch is very light and gentle, and is not meant to involve any grinding or clenching of the teeth. It's important to note that excessive pressure on the teeth can actually cause damage to the enamel and lead to other dental problems, so it's important to practice the butterfly touch in a gentle and controlled manner.