What is abs walking and how do I know if I'm doing it correctly

• as the title states, I've recently heard of "abs walking" which apparently is a very important thing. I don't completly understand it, how do I know if i'm doing i correctly and exactly how should it be done?

• @Bob 

Hey Bob,

"abs walk" refers to a core-strengthening exercise that involves walking while engaging your abdominal muscles. This exercise can help improve core stability, balance, and overall abdominal strength. It is important for good posture.

Here's how to perform an abs walk exercise:

1. Starting Position: Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart.
    2. Engage Your Abs: Tighten your abdominal muscles as if you were bracing for a punch. This engages your core and stabilizes your spine.
    3. Pick up Weights: Hold a dumbbell or a weight in one hand (you can also hold a weight in each hand) on the same side as the hand you're holding it with.
    4. Walk: Begin walking forward while keeping your core engaged. Try to maintain an upright posture, and don't let your torso sway from side to side.
    5. Distance: Walk for a designated distance or time. You can start with a short distance and gradually increase it as your core strength improves.
    6. Switch Sides: After walking the set distance, switch the weight to the other hand and walk back.

Important Tips:

• Focus on maintaining a strong core engagement throughout the exercise.
    • Keep your shoulders relaxed and your back straight.
    • Walk with a normal stride, and avoid leaning excessively to one side.
    • Choose a weight that challenges you but allows you to maintain proper form.