Mewing with retainers

• So I have a removable retainer on my upper teeth that I cover my teeth with on night time, and a string that retains the position of 5 lower front teeth. Will having these affect my mewing progress? If so, are there any retainers that can allow mewing progress?

• @Felix 

Hey man,

Having a removable retainer on your upper teeth and a string that retains the position of your lower front teeth may potentially affect your mewing progress. These retainers are designed to maintain the current position of your teeth and may interfere with the desired tongue posture and alignment recommended in mewing.

While wearing retainers, it may be challenging to rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth throughout the day and during sleep, as the retainers can create a physical barrier. This can hinder the full benefits of mewing, as consistent tongue posture is essential for potential facial development.

You can still howver get changes in the masseter muscles size, and you can still atrophy the buccinator muscles and mentalis muscles!

Keep mewing ;)