How far back should I be mewing?

• How far back should I mew with my tongue? When I keep the swallowing position of the back tongue it slightly blocks the airways making it a bit unconformable. Is this really the right position? If it is, how can I get used to it? Since it is a bit unconformable I tend to stop mewing with the back part after a while.

• @Felix 

Hey felix,

When mewing, the tongue should ideally rest on the roof of the mouth, including the back part of the tongue. However, it's important to note that the exact positioning and comfort level can vary from person to person. While some individuals may find it comfortable to have the back of their tongue slightly elevated, others may find it uncomfortable or feel that it slightly blocks the airways, as you mentioned.

If you find it uncomfortable to mew with the back part of your tongue elevated, it's recommended to find a position that allows you to maintain proper tongue posture while still being comfortable. The key is to keep the entire tongue in contact with the roof of the mouth as much as possible throughout the day. You may need to experiment with the exact position and pressure to find what works best for you.

It's important to be patient and give yourself time to adjust to mewing. Initially, it may feel unnatural or uncomfortable because you're training your tongue to adopt a new posture. With practice and consistency, you can gradually get used to mewing and it may become more automatic and comfortable over time. Focus on maintaining proper tongue posture during waking hours and try to be mindful of it.

Remember, mewing is a long-term process that requires persistence and patience. If you have further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask for clarification or guidance.

Keep mewing, and don't hesitate to ask a question again whenever you have one!